Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Deborah Harkness's Shadow of Night


Shadow of Night is the sequel to Deborah Harkness’s A Discovery of Witches. Shadow of Night, I thought, was well worth the year long wait. I loved it! I was not let down and cannot wait to read the third and final book in this trilogy. Shadow of Night is rich with history, information, and new characters to help Diana and Matthew on their journey back in time to 16th century Europe. Harkness plunges us, okay Diana and Matthew, into a world of spies, subterfuge, Matthew’s old life, witch hunts and so much more. We also get brief glimpses of the present and how people are coping (as well as what anomalies are transpiring) from Diana and Matthew’s time in the past. I appreciated that Harkness gives us details, histories, and various backstories but does not bog down the story line with it. She stays focused. We stay immersed in the storyline as well and I cannot tell you much more without giving away spoilers. Just know it is fantastic.

If I say much more it will, again, give away spoilers or ruin your adventure that Harkness has planned. Just know you will meet fantastic new characters and re-visit previous ones. Shadow of Night is a fantastic novel and I recommend it and this series to everyone that will listen to me. LOL! Now the wait begins again for the third and final book. Lets go Harkness! Get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.