Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reveal It Thursday!


Happy Reading Day! I hope everyone had a blessed memorial weekend. I know I stayed busy and enjoyed every moment of my three days from work. Over the weekend I was able to dive in and gobble up the rest of the Fifty Shades trilogy and start Nora Roberts’s new hardback, The Witness. Next on my reading list is a new author called Juliet Dark and her debut novel The Demon Lover.

If you enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey, I would definitely recommend reading Fifty Shades Darker. I struggled a bit with the third book, Fifty Shades Freed, but most of the struggle was me getting upset with the characters. I’m talking to the point I almost had to force myself to stop reading because I was clenching my muscles in my irritation. In the end, I figured out why the author was being so dramatic and it was worth it BUT the third book was a struggle for me to get through. Another aspect I’ve enjoyed after reading the Fifty Shades trilogy is the crazy conversations I have found myself having with my various girlfriends who are also (or have read) reading these novels. It’s been an adventure and definitely not conversations we would have had on any other day of the week. LMAO!

What’s on your book shelf and night stand these days?

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading Murder Past Due by Miranda James. It's a light, entertaining read.

    I was reading Entertainment Weekly magazine and saw that Deborah Harkness' sequel to A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, is due to be released on July 10th. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am so excited about Shadow of Night too! I was just looking on my B&N wish list for the release date. I am going to re-read A Discovery of Witches before I read the sequel to refresh my memory, especially since I just devoured the book when I first read it. I am excited. I am reading The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark and I would recommend it as a possibility for fans of Harkness’s series. I was not sure what to expect and as I am reading the novel I am enjoying it and the story more and more. You’ll have to tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.