Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tom Clancy's Patriot Games (Jack Ryan #2)

My dad reads through my blog from time to time and decided that I needed to expand my reading pallet. I figured that my reading choices were diverse but decided to go with whatever my dad decided to recommend. Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was his first pick. All in all I am delighted with this recommendation.

While it takes time and patience to get through the introductions of the various players in the game and getting the playing field lined up (probably the first 100-200 pages), it is well worth the wait (and might save time in future novels since I know the characters now). The novel picks up steam and hustles the reader into a politically and personally driven war of brains, guns, strategy and heart. Patriot Games begins with the Ryan’s visiting England. Jack Ryan ends up saving the Royal Family from an assassination attempt. The cause is soon determined to be international terrorism. Jack Ryan, his pregnant wife and young child, eventually return home to America. The CIA, FBI, and various international agencies all think America, and the Ryan’s, are safe from the terrorism. However, the ultra-left-wing faction of the IRA has decided to target Jack Ryan for his act of heroism that ruined their assassination attempt. Now it is up to Jack Ryan to pull all the pieces together to save his family, friends, and keep America safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.