Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Brenda Novak's Dead Silence

This was a quick and entertaining read. It, like most great “summer reads”, involves some suspension of belief. Novak gives her readers a hook into her series with steam scenes, sexy characters, and a plot that is full of intrigue, mystery and suspense. I appreciated that the book has its own conclusion while still tying into the next book in the series. The reader gets closure with the current characters and can decide if and when they want to try reading the next book(s) in the series.
Dead Silence tells the story of a gossiping small town still trying to find out what happened to the beloved Reverend, who disappeared or was killed, years previous. One family, the Montgomery’s, are the only ones who know the truth about what happened one dark night and held by the town with the most suspicion. Dead Silence introduces us to Grace, a District Attorney and a Montgomery, and Kennedy, a widower and currently running for town mayor. Will the past, and its truth, ruin their inescapable attraction or will Grace’s enemies find out the truth and ruin them both?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.