Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Prince

This is the second book in the Infernal Devices series. The dust jacket aptly describes Clockwork Prince, “As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.” It was an engaging read but left many unanswered questions to the plot while answering many questions about the characters. Unlike the first book in the series, The Clockwork Prince focuses more closely on the individuals, mainly Jem, Tessa and Will, than the storyline. The lover’s triangle and teenage angst sucked me in. I felt like I was back in my school days of dating. I am relieved to say I do not have to endure that anymore, all those overwhelming and confused feelings were draining just reading about them.  That said I am ready for the next book in the series to pick up the pace and move the story along. I would recommend trying out this young adult series and author if you are looking for a fun read and new twist on the supernatural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.