Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jill Shalvis' The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing was the second book in a series, so I was definitely missing some of the character history, mainly between the three sisters. It was easy to guess or fill in the blanks. It did not affect my enjoyment of the book either. I was a little sad that it did not make me want to read the previous book to catch up or look forward to the next book in the series.

The main story centers on Tara. She is still dealing with the fallout of her life and the regrets of her past like choices. She ends up in Lucky Harbor, a place she never wanted to end up. Tara also finds herself in a love triangle with her self-centered, hot NASCAR, ex-husband and the sexy, laid back sailor she loved 17 years ago. This book had some funny moments. I snickered and laughed out loud quite a few times. It had some tender moments coupled with some wicked wet kisses. Other than that it was fairly obvious who Tara would end up with. I did appreciate the chemistry between Tara, sexy sailor Ford, and their reunited daughter (they gave her up for adoption 17 years previous). It was believable and engaging.  

This was a cute contemporary romance. I would recommend it to readers of that genre or someone looking for stories of loves enduring promise.
 
(It's a cross between a long slog & good for what it was)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.