Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Kiss An Angel

This was a delightful book. At the very beginning it feels like you are plunged into the middle of the story and feeling a little bit lost, however, as the story progresses you realize it is because that’s how the characters are feeling too…out of sorts and going into unknown territory. Daisy Devreaux is a pretty, flighty and highly underestimated woman with nothing but love and kindness to share with people. She is also terrified of all animals. The story begins with Daisy in the position of either going to jail or marrying a man her father has chosen for her, a man she has barely met once before the wedding. Alex Markov is a handsome, dark, humorless man who has no soul. Alex has no intention of playing the loving groom to a spoiled little feather-head with champagne tastes. He devises a plan, for the six months Daisy and he must be wed, to drag her to the broken down traveling circus he performs in and manages. His plan is to tame Daisy and bend her to his way of thinking. He also wants to make sure Daisy knows nothing about him so they cannot get close. He is a man who does not believe in love.  Little does he know Daisy is tougher, smarter, and more hard-headed than anyone knows, even herself.

Before long, passion sends them flying sky high without a safety net... risking it all in search of a love that could last forever. I loved this book because I could picture all the crazy scenes and characters. Phillips is a fabulous author with a great sense of humor. She also can pull at the heart strings. I was laughing, sighing, getting angry, playing cheerleader and bodyguard to the characters, and almost crying throughout the book. I love the animals, Sinjun the tiger and Tater the baby elephant. They definitely helped Daisy find herself and then as all good animals do, protected their makeshift momma.  
I devoured this book in one day, without any plans to. This is one of my favorite books by this author, which, as her fans know, says quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.