Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reflections: Themed Reading

Do you find your reading patterns changing when the holidays approach, seasons change or loved ones are away? Generally my reading pattern is to rotate between different genres so no one gets burned out. This summer my hubby has been working out of town and I have found that I am only picking books to read that do not have the usual suspense, paranormal, and thrills that I so commonly seek out. I have been submersing myself in contemporary romance, general fiction, and historical fiction. It has been fun. I have been enjoying authors like Lisa Kleypas, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Christie Ridgeway, Loretta Chase, and who knows who else. I have been reading about 1-2 books a week while the hubby is away.  
With October coming around the bend I have been trying to come up with a good list for Halloween. Last year I read The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (and loved it) as well as Dacre Stoker’s Dracula: Undead. Anyone have good recommendations for Halloween and/or fall reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.