Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sophie Kinsella's I've Got Your Number

I’ve Got Your Number  is a funny and quirky book. This book had a great pace, had me constantly guessing if Kinsella was going to do something typical or unique (and over half the time it was awesome and unique). I found myself either laughing out loud or on pins and needles getting to what was going to happen next while my mind raced with what I thought should happen.  It was also fun to read a book that was able to successfully incorporate today’s technology world of communication via texting and emails and meld them into a fairy tale of sorts. Or as the movie Friends with Benefits calls it: @ftale. Poppy and Sam were definitely the couple for the job.

I have read Sophie Kinsella before and besides her Shop-a-holic series have enjoyed her stories. There were times in the past I found myself getting frustrated or annoyed with the main character in the books. In I’ve Got Your Number, this was not a problem. I actually felt that Kinsella loved this story and her main and side characters to build this romantic comedy. If you are looking for a story that is outrageous, laugh out loud, and touches the heart I would definitely recommend this novel. For fans of Sophie Kinsella, I would say, “She’s back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.