Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reveal It Thursday!

What is everyone’s bookish desires this week? Any must reads? I have been hearing quite a bit of chatter about the 50 Shades trilogy this week. I believe the third book in the trilogy was released this month. I admit, I am surprised that the blogging world and mass-media have come together to advocate an erotic trilogy. I added it to my “to-read” shelf but have not rushed out to get it yet. Besides that I am eagerly awaiting my latest Barnes and Noble purchase. It should be here anytime. I am looking forward to Nora Robert’s new novel, The Witness, and another book that is older but has remained on the “must-read” and “top seller” lists called Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. I was also kind enough to get my hubby some new authors to try out. He has been more and more interested in reading historical fiction and that sci-fi/historical fiction cross….like the Game of Thrones series or the Blade Itself series. Anyone have suggestions for the hubby?

Have a great weekend and happy reading! Haunt some bookshelves for new favorites for me.

2 comments:

  1. If your husband enjoys a combination of sci-fi/historical fiction, he might like Deborah Harkness' A Discovery of Witches. It is book one of the All Souls Trilogy. The second book is due out soon, I think. I saw on Harkness' website that the second book, Shadow of Night, is available for pre-order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I LOVE A Discovery of Witches! Definitely a five star rating from me. I cannot wait for the second book to come out this summer. I am already planning to re-read A Discovery of Witches before jumping head first into book two. I had no idea what I would be getting into when I first bought that book and just absolutely fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.