Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nora Robert’s The Next Always (Book 1)

The Next Always is the first book in a new series by Nora Roberts, the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy. This novel is a classic Nora Roberts book. It is a sweet modern day romance with a few twists and turns to show us how relationships can evolve and the inevitable speed bumps that appear in life. This book focuses on Beckett Montgomery and Clare Brewster. Beckett is one of three brothers, who is the architect in the family, and designer of the Inn BoonsBoro he and his brothers are re-creating in their small town. The Inn is a restored historical building, complete with ghosts. I particularly liked Lizzy haunting the halls of the Inn. It will be fun to see what trouble Lizzy will cause in the future and if they figure out whom she was in life.
One thing that did bother me a little is that the entire series is a bit of a commercial for Roberts. The Inn BoonsBoro is actually her Inn that she designed and built in her hometown, down to the room themes and everything. The bookstore that Clare runs is also one of Roberts. It is normal for authors to use their experiences to create stories but for some reason I just kept thinking about the hordes of people who are going to want to flood her small town now that this trilogy is coming out.

That said, it is going to be a fun trilogy, much like her various Irish series and Wedding series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.