Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Laurie Viera Rigler's Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict

First off, I am going to apologize in advance for my review of Confessions of  a Jane Austen Addict. I had very high hopes this would be a fun novel. I enjoy combing through the bookstores and seeing the abundance of books having to do with continuations of Austen’s novels and the beloved characters or the books that use Austen herself. I admit I am drawn to them and have read quite a few. When I saw that this one was about Courtney (a depressed women from our time from L.A. nursing a broken engagement) waking up in Regency England as Jane Mansfield. I was intrigued. However, this one though is probably the most disappointing. I did major page skipping and scanning. I was hopeful the ending would salvage the novel a little, it did not.
On a positive note, I really enjoyed the cover art of the novel. I also appreciated that if I were ever to go back in time that the observations made would probably be pretty close to my observations. For example, getting your monthly courses, the smells, the fear of bathing making one sick, talking to a man alone leading to a proposal of marriage, etc. Beyond that though, I could not do it.
I am off to read our beloved Pride and Prejudice by the masterful Austen to purge my poor brain.

1 comment:

  1. Awe bummer, but this does remind me that next up on my list to read that you've recommended is Seducing Mr. Darcy. The title alone is promising. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.