Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Friday, January 5, 2018

Happy 2018 & Happy Reading!

I hope you fall in love with at least one book this new year!
Happy New Year My Dear Readers! 

With the new year comes organizing, cleaning, detoxing, resolutions and positivity… or sometimes sarcastic humor about all of the aforementioned. I saw a quote and loved how fitting it is: “New Year’s Resolutions: 1) Read? 2) Read. 3)Read!” That’s how I feel about most of my resolutions and goals. It’s the thought process behind getting off the couch to work out or getting snuggled into the couch to read and tell myself to not look around at the chores I could be doing.

Goodreads has an awesome Reading Challenge feature you can set up for your reading goals! Every year, since 2011, I have set a goal for how many books I plan to read for the year. Some years have been amazingly successful and others… not so much. At least I was being optimistic. LOL! This year I decided to keep the bar a little on the lower side- 25 books in the next year. I know with my two little ones it is hard to get my dedicated 10-15 minutes every day of reading in but we will see what the year brings!

What are some of your reading goals? Trying new authors or genres? Picking up a series or outlandishly large tome of a novel you know you might love but haven’t tried reading yet because how daunting it is? For me that series is Game of Thrones. I wonder if I will try it this year or put it off some more?


Happy 2018 and I wish you an adventurous year in reading and hope you fall in love with at least one amazing book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.