Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster was a fantastic novel that I just stumbled across. I am a member of NetGalley and Beautiful Disaster was a recommendation from them. Generally I do not jump online and download them but I was intrigued by the cover art and book name. I am so happy I downloaded this novel. I read it in 3 days! This book, at its core, is mostly about overcoming your past, the beauty and disaster of love, and hoping you can grow into a new (and better) person than you think you are. I loved how involved the friends are in Abby and Travis’ lives. They definitely needed all the help and support they could get. Reading this novel was a little stressful. I know that Abby and Travis were fighting their emotions and themselves as well as each other. Despite their best efforts they were connected on a level they could not ignore. As a reader, I kept wondering if this novel was going to have a happy ending or a horrible ending. I decided I did not care; I had to know what would be Abby and Travis’ destiny. For fans of the tv show Friends, reading about Abby and Travis was like watching the emotional rollercoaster that was Ross and Rachel.

I absolutely recommend Beautiful Disaster. Abby is a strong, throws the first punch, can’t turn down a bet, kinda gal (I wish I could be sometimes). Travis is a sexy, tattooed, fighter and playboy who just wants love and give love. As friends they are fantastic, as lovers they are hot and steamy, as a couple it definitely is a beautiful disaster.

I should also add, after updating Goodreads, that this is the first book in a series. I wonder what McGuire has in store for us in the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.