Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Michael Connelly's The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller #1)


I really enjoyed this novel. I did not see the movie before I read it. I find that many of the lawyer-ish books either are too dry or focus on the romance and not the courtroom/plot. Michael Connelly is able to make a flawed character intriguing in and out of the courtroom, causing the reader to want to read the books not only because they are interesting and intriguing by the plot but to see what Mickey has up his sleeve and see how he is going to turn out as a person...Michael Connelly also teaches the reader legalese and court room procedures in an education manner that fits into the pot and dies not dry it up. If you are a Grisham, Baldacci, Clancy fan you will enjoy the Connelly novels. If you need a new change of pace or genre it's a great one. I also just finished the second in the Mickey Haller series and it was good summer reading as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.