Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lauren Blakely's Big Rock



First- you have to know what Big Rock is about:

It's not just the motion of the ocean, ladies. It's definitely the SIZE of the boat too.

And I've got both firing on all cylinders. In fact, I have ALL the right assets. Looks, brains, my own money, and a big c*&k.

You might think I'm an a*&hole. I sound like one, don’t I? I'm hot as sin, rich as heaven, smart as hell and hung like a horse.

Guess what? You haven't heard my story before. Sure, I might be a playboy, like the NY gossip rags call me. But I’m the playboy who’s actually a great guy. Which makes me one of a kind.

The only trouble is, my dad needs me to cool it for a bit. With conservative investors in town wanting to buy his flagship Fifth Avenue jewelry store, he needs me not only to zip it up, but to look the part of the committed guy. Fine. I can do this for Dad. After all, I’ve got him to thank for the family jewels. So I ask my best friend and business partner to be my fiancĂ©e for the next week. Charlotte’s up for it. She has her own reasons for saying yes to wearing this big rock.

And pretty soon all this playing pretend in public leads to no pretending whatsoever in the bedroom, because she just can’t fake the kind of toe-curling, window-shattering orgasmic cries she makes as I take her to new heights between the sheets.

But I can’t seem to fake that I might be feeling something real for her.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into with this…big rock?


Okay, doesn’t sound like something you want to run out and read unless you are curious about what else the big rock might be (which is actually really great by the way…both of them)? Reading the synopsis for this novel, seeing the amazing cover art, you would think, meah…funny cover, hot guy, total smut. I’ll try it but I have low expectations. Don’t! Read it! This is a great novel!!! It’s a romantic comedy and I want more of it. Lauren Blakely is a wordsmith who can paint her story in your head like you are watching it on the big screen. I wished I could project the story from my head to the wall while I was reading to see the characters living their life in NYC.


The characters are sweet, funny (I was laughing out loud throughout the entire book); true to themselves and the best bad liars you could hope for in this rom-com. Blakely gives the reader excellent sexual chemistry, hot foreplay and the sex- off the charts. Blakely gives the reader quality time “in the bedroom” and not just quick, “and then he stuck his p in her wet v and they climaxed together and fell asleep until round two.” I also really appreciated Blakeley took the chance to write this from the man’s, Spencer’s, point of view and it is creates the perfect tone to tell this love story. I don’t think I would have enjoyed the book as much if it was told from the POV of the female.


Big Rock is the perfect combo of romance, erotica, love story of best friends realizing the depth of their true feelings for each other and humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.