Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Monday, June 9, 2014

A Summer of Outlander Events!

I am re-reading Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander and so excited to be re-visiting this beloved book. I missed Jamie and Claire. This summer is a big Outlander summer it seems. The next book in this epic series is released in July, I get to go experience Diana Gabaldon in person on her tour (Wahoo! 900 seat venue and sold out completely!), and the long awaited television series is debuting on Starz in August!

Here is the book blurb to entice you to read this book:

The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon--when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach--an "outlander"--in a Scotland torn by war and raiding Highland clans in the year of Our Lord...1743.

Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into intrigues and dangers that may threaten her life...and shatter her heart. For here she meets James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, and becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.


I personally recommend, despite the length of the book(s), reading this amazing novel. Get your girlfriends together and start a book club, then get ready to watch it in August live. That’s my plan! It is a classic! Jamie and Claire, Darcy and Elizabeth, Princess Butterup and Wesley… they are always here for us through thick and thin, love & loss, steamy men & antagonists you want to punch in the face, etc. For your viewing pleasure, here is the poster for the Outlander miniseries… Come back to visit if you re-read or give this novel a try so we can chat and have a virtual book club and discuss Claire and Jamie’s adventures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.