Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Stephenie Meyer's Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined

It happened. I couldn’t stop myself from buying the anniversary edition of Twilight with the new gender switch/flipped version of Twilight called Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined. The thing that really wrapped around my brain and made me buy it was the opening where Stephenie Meyer tells us what percentage of the various changes, updates, corrections, gender roles, etc. that she did to this reimagined novel. I was intrigued to see how she would have made Twilight better, cleaner, richer… It wasn’t the gender switching of the characters.

I would recommend this book to twilight enthusiast... I would keep it in the back of my mind for newbies to twilight who I know have no interest in reading a series but want the feel for it. It's a single book which was nice. It was good to see the author polish things up although I didn't like her choice of characters names, that's just me though. It was a struggle getting into the book at first. You feel like, “Wait a minute, haven’t I read this?” But as you get used to the different/new characters, absorb the names and “who is who” you eventually (and it took me a lot of will power to stick with it) get sucked in to see how Meyer is going to wrap this up. You know deep down a girl vampire is VERY unlikely to get pregnant from a human boy. Anyways, my advice is to stick it out and read to the end. It’s interesting.

The author definitely wouldn't have received her acclaim, fame or huge bank account with just this novel. I highly doubt Fifty Shades of Grey would have been born of it either.

Great anniversary gift for twilight fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.