Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Christina Lauren's Beautiful Bastard


I received Christina Lauren's fan fiction novel Beautiful Bastard from the publisher to post my review on. That in itself was very exciting, but what was more was that I really enjoyed the novel!

This novel was a total surprise to me. I was expecting some great smut, maybe even a little twisted sex (it is fan fiction of the same genre as the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy), but nothing overwhelming. However, I was completely sucked into the story and the two main characters. The story, while not real deep, gives us enough to picture everything that is happening and to root for the characters. The characters are sassy, combative, sexy, and sweet. I loved their foreplay battles, office interactions, and the sex scenes had you biting your nails for completion as well as them getting discovered while in action. The characters were believable and held their own. Both Chloe and Bennett were strong; both knew what they wanted, both stood up for themselves and each other. I appreciated that there wasn’t a meek submissive female in this story. For the ending, I was not sure what direction the author was going - love story, friends with benefits, enemies, lovers parting ways- but I enjoyed how the author wrapped up the novel.

Overall I would recommend this novel to anyone looking for something new, erotic, and intriguing to read.
 

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award 2014! Check out my post http://reneenessreads.blogspot.ca/2014/01/liebster-award-2014-edition.html Ok that kinda sounds like spam, but I promise it isn't. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.