Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Recap of My Bookish Love for 2023

 Hello Dear Readers! 

Happy New Years 2024! 

2023 was a surprising year for me! I had no idea I would venture into the world of Instagram bookstagramming. I was trying to remember to update The Small Book Blog at least once a month and not always doing well with that task. However, with encouragement of my dear friend who loves to push me to be my best self, I dove into the deep end and have been happily treading water and swimming fairly successfully for the last half of the year as a bookstagrammer  (@smallbookblog) AND keeping up with my web blog too! Wahoo! Go me! Now I just need to keep reading, learning, making more bookish friends, and sharing my world of books with anyone and everyone. 

For those readers tracking their annual number of reads, I use Goodreads. I love that website for tracking books, looking up books, etc. This year my annual goal was to read 80 books. I am shocked to share that I not only achieved my reading challenge goal but almost doubled it! At the end of 2023, I will have read 142 books!!!! I am happy to say, after looking at all their beautiful covers and remembering snippets of them, there are very few that didn't bring me joy. I am posting my bookish adventures with this post. Hopefully they aren't too tiny to see. How did you do with your 2023 reading goals? I am unsure what my 2024 book challenge will be, but historically I try to do a few more books if I achieved the previous years goal. No stress, just trying to grow and see what I can do. 

With this look back, I just wanted to wish all my delightful and beautiful bibliophiles a very Happy New Year! "Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one." -Brad Paisley 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.