Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Friday, May 12, 2023

The Housemaid by Frieda McFadden

Hello Dear Readers, 

I just finished reading The Housemaid by Freida McFadden. This book seemed to be everywhere I looked at books. I decided to follow the hype on it and try reading it. The Housemaid definitely tugged me in and sparked my curiosity. Pretty soon it started getting really frustrating and causing anxiety because of the characters actions. I decided to pause my reading and not take it with me for my vacation. I was worried I would be on the plane, angry at the book, and no one wants that. When I got back home (from an amazing vacation!!) the book, or rather the face in the keyhole, stared at me from my nightstand, taunting me to pick it back up and finish it. I was over halfway through the novel and it was pretty dang good as things finally started being revealed (although the cover does tell you there will be a twist so read on until you get twisty). I was glad I fell back into the story for some much needed character closure but I won't read the next book in the series. I would also caution there are potential triggers in this book so know your comfort zones beyond wanting to try out a mystery thriller novel being buzzed about. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.