Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Friday, May 26, 2023

Kate Morton's Homecoming

“Home is where the heart is, and the heart could be a dark and damaged place.” -Kate Morton


Homecoming brings current day secrets and past secrets colliding into a mystery of how the Turner family really died. The reader is cast into a small town in South Australia that takes the reader on an emotional rollercoaster. It’s a story that starts with a shocking crime that leaves ripples and mysteries for decades to come. Morton does an amazing job leading the reader through the interviews, characters, and stories, casting shadows and theories at you until you get to the satisfying ending and all has been revealed. I will admit, I wasn’t sure until the very end that we would ever know the whole truth but rest assured, Morton doesn’t disappoint. 

On a personal note, I come from the West Coast in a location that has 4 seasons and usually months of snow, so thinking of Christmas time as hot weather was so crazy! 

I love Kate Morton’s stories and endeavor to read everything she writes: beautiful almost gothic settings, layered times in history for unfolding the story and mysteries set before us, & voices that suck you in as the joy of portable magic with words should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.