Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Hannah Grace's Icebreaker


Drama, drama, drama! At least in Icebreaker it's the good and juicy kind. *winks* I enjoyed this book wat more than I expected to. It made me reminisce my college dats, dating, campus fun, going to events, and feel blessed at how much happier my liver is without ALL the college drinking. LOL! 

Icebreaker's plot went deeper than I expected. At first, I was figuring it would be like the movie Cutting Edge or the book Pucked, but it really held its own! I loved the competitive ice skater vs competitive hockey player. There was an inherent understanding of what they need to get done to succeed and also how enjoy life and blow off steam. It has a good intro and story, we meet the players, there is a natural arc, realistic twists and issues to try and tear Anastasia and Nate apart, followed with understanding and the reiteration that positive communication is key, and finally, we get our beloved happily ever after. As Susan Elizabeth Phillips would tell us, that's what you need for a successful romantic comedy novel. Anything less is a tragedy. Also, these aren't really spoilers since you know this is marked as an "enemy to lovers" book.

Also, wowza! Ms. Grace gives us steamy, spicy, drippy, sexy scenes throughout the whole book! You will not be disappointed and...this is your warning if you are listening to an audiobook. I had no idea my 30 minute jog through the park was going to be 25 minutes of lusty bedroom antics. I can't even remember if I was jogging, or stutter step jogging, or going between jogging and racing. LOL!

If you want some great romance, Icebreakers is your friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.