Welcome!

WELCOME to the Small Book Blog! I am a voracious reader. I love losing myself in books and cannot wait to read myself into my next adventure. It is because of this love for books that I created this blog. I want to share my passion of books with you! I hope you enjoy my recommendations and reviews. My goal is that they will lead you to a new book, series or author, that you can fall in love with and recommend to others as well.

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

L.J. Andrews' The Ever King & The Ever Queen

 The Ever King and The Ever Queen are a duology of the epic romance of the Serpent, Erik, and his Songbird, Livia, with fun support characters giving more depth and emotional connection to the stories. I appreciated that the support characters are not forgotten by the time you are done reading the 1st novel rather, they get more time with us. They were so fun to get to know! These books have non-stop action, adventure, revenge, curses, kidnappings, magic, stabbiness, romance and spice (the second book especially ups the spiciness game, Yowza!).             

I loved these 2 books (they are a duology, but the series continues with new lead couples) because I wasn’t ready to read a non-fantasy book but was getting burnt out of what turns into very similar basic fantasy storylines, so, getting to follow beautiful monsters that are pirates traveling above and below the sea was fantastic! The reader is introduced to different fae with magical abilities I haven’t seen for ages or at all. I will say, while I loved that the sea fae sang their magic, I was glad the author didn’t write out the lyrics… much like with Tolkien, I would probably just skim read those parts. By the second book, the author’s writing had really tightened up and it was a joy to travel through her words she was painting a whole world with.

I recommend The Ever Seas novels for my dear fantasy and romantasy readers. They are full of swashbuckling fun, riddled with hijinks, give us an exciting, forced proximity turn romance with magical connections and strong independent characters, legit pirate’s sword fighting, unique magic, and the mysteries woven through the text abound. Plus, it ends with a happily ever after. What more can you ask for these days?!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dear Reader! I'll be checking your comment or question shortly.